We may collect and receive information about users of our Service ("user," "you," or "your") from various sources, including: (1) information you provide through your user account on the Service (your "Account") if you register for the Service; and (2) your use of the Service.
2. What Information We Collect
A) Information You Provide To Us
Payment Information: In order to process payments i.e. your subscription, we use a third-party payment processor Stripe. When you enter your payment information, that information is sent to Stripe. It is sent securely and we never store it on our systems. We do however have access to your subscriber information via Stripe. This information includes what plan you're subscribed to, when your plan expires, etc.
Your Files: Our Service is designed to make it simple for you to send and receive file transfers. To make that possible, we store, process, and transmit Your Files as well as information related to it. This related information includes the information entered into the upload form by you or the sender (if you are on the receiving end) such as name, details, and information about the files. We also store the time Your Files are uploaded and usage activity. Our Service provide you with different options for sharing Your Files. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in Your Files. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
B) Information We Collect When You Use Our Service
Usage Information: We collect information related to how you use our Service, including actions you take in your account (like viewing, downloading, and sending files). We use this information to improve our Service, develop new service and features, and protect Service users.
Local Storage: When you fill out an upload form and send files we attempt to store the personal contact information entered into the form in your browser. This is then used to pre-fill the contact fields the next time you visit the upload form.
Visitor Logs: Whenever you visit our Site, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
Device Information: We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Service. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices.
3. Why We Collect Your Information
We may use your information to:
- Enhance or improve User experience, our Site, or our Service.
- Process transactions between you and ReproConnect.
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Enable you to access and use the ReproConnect Service, including uploading, downloading, and sharing Content.
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate.
- Send you marketing materials about our Service. If you do not wish to receive these materials, simply click the Unsubscribe link in any email that you receive from us.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the ReproConnect Service, and other illegal activities.
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or Service.
4. How We Share Your Information
Other working for STS: Throughout the course of our provision of our Service to you, we may delegate our authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web host Amazon Amazon Web Services, stores the information that you provide us, and we may hire outside contractors to perform maintenance or assist us in securing our website.
You agree that if any of these third parties commit any civil or criminal wrongs with your information, you will hold them responsible for it and not attempt to recover any damages from STS.
Legal Purpose: At times it may become necessary, for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant. You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
5. Your Right To Control, Access, And Change Your Information
You have control over your personal information and how it is collected, used, and shared. For example, you have the right to:
- Review and edit the personal information you have provided to us from the My Profile and My Organization pages. In addition, we may, from time to time, retain residual information about you in our backup and/or database.
- Erase Your Stuff from ReproConnect by closing your account.
- Opt out of receiving newsletters and promotional emails from STS by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as file transfer notifications, security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the ReproConnect Service or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
7. Security Measures
ReproConnect has incorporated TLS/SSL Certificates into its Service to encryption data in transit, and AES-256 encryption-at-rest for files while they remain in storage. However, we make no representations as to the security or privacy of your information or the safety of any files transmitted with our Service. It is in our interest to keep our website secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
9. Children's Safety
Individuals under 16 years of age are not allowed to use our Service. If you become aware of a User who is under the required age to use all or any portion of our Service, please notify us immediately at email@example.com, and provide us with full details as to why you believe they are below that age and we will address the issue. If you are a User who is reported in this manner, we may require you to provide suitable proof of age, such as a copy of government identification, in order to continue using our Site and/or Service.
10. European Notification
STS's cloud computing provider, Amazon Web Services, has self-certified itself as being in compliance with the EU-U.S and Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework. Information provided to our servers will be stored in compliance with these frameworks.
Note that this notification does not represent any concession on the part of STS that we are subject to the law of any European member state and is provided as a courtesy only.
For more information on the EU-U.S.and Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
Have questions or concerns about STS, our Service, and privacy? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: June 4, 2021